Ms Ruchi Relan Design Consultant
· Apparel and Textile Creative Design Consultant with significant private sector and international exposure.
· Successful background in interior design, designing haute couture collections and working for a retail chain and export houses catering for their international clientele.
· Effective design quality and performance management including introducing and applying different culture and practice of passion, attitude and drive.
· Strong facilitative management style with proven experience of multi-skill team working.
2006-07 MA in Professional Design in Fashion and Textiles
Heriot-Watt University, Scotland.
2001-04 Post Graduate Diploma in Apparel & Accessory Design
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, India.
1998-2001 Diploma in Fashion Design
1997-2000 Graduation in Eng (H)
Delhi University, India
2006 Worked on an Interiors based project of designing Installations for Hotels in
my final MA Project.
2007 Internee Designer
Eribe Knitwear, Scotland
2004-06 Head of Garment Design
Fabindia Overseas Pvt Ltd, India
Kotwara Studios, India
2001 Fashion Designer
Orient Fashions, India
· Trend Research/Forecasts
· Preparing initial sketches to executing final sketches
· Sourcing of Fabric and trim
· Working with craftsmen to develop new designs and techniques
· Reviewing of pre and post production samples
· Successfully developing and bringing out new line each year
· Working closely with production/marketing/finance teams
· Working on Specs in CAD and developing specification sheets
· Design Prints and develop color ways.
Involved in all phases of Designing from initial trend research to determine concepts, colour, and fabric and trim details. Traveled extensively in India and overseas. Worked closely with craftsmen and the teams/vendors involved in production. Collaborated with product development and sales teams to determine trends forecasts of style and colour palettes for the seasons.
Ms Ruchi Relan email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download her CV